WITDA Preschool Program
Our preschool classrooms focus on children’s newly emerging skills and encourage emerging interests in academics, creative expression, and outdoor learning.
Our curriculum stimulates each child’s innate curiosity and exploratory nature to prepare children for lifelong learning. Children move to elementary school socially prepared, excited to learn, and well versed in the skills they’ll need to succeed. .
Our goals for the Preschool Program are:
- Instill an intrinsic love of life-long learning
- Nurture a positive attitude towards self and learning
- Increase independence using new skills and competencies learned
- Broaden the base of knowledge and vocabulary
- Encourage curiosity, initiative and persistence
- Help children internalize the symbol systems: language and math
- Build patience andlearn to take turns
- Continued development of social skills
- Develop self-regulations skills
- Establish good work habits
- Encourage free choice and the ability to choose
- Create an environment of respect and care for classmates and the classroom
Our Preschool programs are offered both full time and part time.
Full Time & Part Time Programs: 30 months to 5 years
The Preschool Program works to prepare the children for the structure of Junior or Senior Kindergarten programs in the school system. Many learning experiences are offered daily to promote growth in the emotional, social, physical and cognitive areas of development. We emphasize learning through a variety of play experiences. The staff to child ratio in this program is 1:8.
Part time options consist of anywhere from 2 to 4 days of attendance.